Whether you have had pregnancy loss or infant death – and whether that pregnancy loss was miscarriage, termination of a pregnancy, stillbirth or anything in between – you are not alone. Here you will find resources and support for you, your partner, and the siblings of those who you hold in your heart but not your arms all completely free of religious connotations.
Pregnancy Loss & Infant Death Connections:
In loss, we are all in this together. This link provides several organizations that provide support, connection, comfort, and/or knowledge.
- A Living Tribute
- Pregnancy & Infant loss Memorials Photos | BabyCenter
- Miscarriage Memorials | PhiferForever, Etsy
- Faceless Digital Drawings of families including non-living children
Organizations that provide financial assistance with burial:
- Funeral Financial Assistance | The Tears Foundation
- Carson’s Village | Helping Families Through Loss
- Burial resources for miscarriage, stillbirth, infant loss | Little Souls at Rest
Environmentally sensitive death arrangements:
- Environmentally friendly burial options | Talk Death
- Green Burial Cemeteries in the US and Canada
- The Living Urn
- The Grieving Nonbeliever’s Bill of Rights | Grief Beyond Belief
- 9 Reasons Why I Refuse To Call The Baby I Lost My “Angel Baby” | Romper
- Baby Loss and Miscarriage Archives | Grief Beyond Belief
- Grief Without Belief: How Do Atheists Deal With Death? | The Huffington Post
- How to stop pregnancy ads following you after a loss | Tommy’s
- Sharing stories of miscarriage helps women grieve, fight for change | CNN
- The garden helping to heal the pain of pregnancy loss | BBC News
- The Alchemy of Grief
- Not Everyone Gets a Rainbow Baby | Still Standing
- Talking about Miscarriage: Urdu, Mirpuri, Bangla (Sylheti) translations
- Bereavement Support Book | Sands (Arabic, Bengali, Simplified Chinese, Polish, Portugese, Punjabi, Urdu translations)
Helpful Books for Bereaved Parents:
- Empty Arms: Coping with Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Early Infant Death
- It’s OK That You’re Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn’t Understand
- Comforting Thoughts About Death That Have Nothing To Do With God
- Godless Grief: An Atheist Discussion of Death, Grief, and Family Loss
- A Grief Workbook for Skeptics: Surviving Loss without Religion
- Sunnybrook Pregnancy Loss and Infant Loss Network Resource Library: (English, Arabic, French, Punjabi, Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog)
Helpful Resources for Bereaved Siblings:
As mention of living children can be triggering, links and descriptions for suggestions can be found here.
Elf Army of Light Non-Religious Annual Memorial:
Our memorial takes place annually at 7pm on October 15th during the International Wave of Light. You can share your baby’s name by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org the name and date to be honored.
You can find the recording of 2020’s virtual memorial here.